cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.5 to 9.1 migration to new UCS platform

jhitt-limited
Level 4
Level 4

I am upgrading and migrating our Unity Connection to a new virtual platform.  Our business wants to fully test the upgraded system before we go live which means I have to have a week where both systems are up, but I'll only point CUCM to the old until we're ready.  My thought was to bring up the new 9.1 Unity Connection on the UCS platform and create the CUCM integrations and then use COBRAS to migrate the users, call handlers, DHs, etc.  My problem is that my users are LDAP integrated and some have single inbox turned on.  So I assume I have to do a user export using the bulk tools first and load those users first and then I can use COBRAS?  Any feedback or recommendations would be appreciated.  I looked through the documentation, but it doesn't seem to cover this scenario.  I am wanting to make sure users are loaded with their AD integration status, Single Inbox settings and Roles intact.  Thanks!                 

2 Replies 2

nozzer
Level 1
Level 1

Just a suggestion, I would do the following:-

Back up the current cuc 8.5, then build a replica on the ucs server, on a standalone network

Upgrade to 9.1.x, change host name/ IP address etc

This can now be connected back onto the production network, and configured on cucm

This can then be tested, then hopefully use cobras, to migrate any users/messages

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

aaroncoffman
Level 1
Level 1

jhitt-limited,

We're in the process of migrating from a MCS to UCS-B series running version 8.5.1.10000-206 and upgrading to 9.1(1a). Our plan is to go to 8.5.1.10000-206 on the UCS, do a backup of the current system and restore that to the new server. Then we plan to upgrade the new server. The reason we are doing it this way is to avoid any potential settings that could be missed as part of the upgrade.

Also: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/upgrade/guide/9xcucrug025.pdf

Regards,
Aaron