cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity connection 8.6 mobile notification device

Jacob Berger
Level 2
Level 2

is it possible for mobile phone to hear message without need for authentication or other user interaction

say the notification device will ring and mobile use will hear somthing like "u have a message" and then continue playing the message without user interaction

thanks

5 Replies 5

Hi Jacob,

I will break answer to your question in two parts, hope that helps.

First Part: Not To prompt for user ID:

This could be done under "Edit Notification Device" Menu of User and on that page, Under "Phone Settings" ,  you have to ensure the check mark is unchecked for "

Prompt for User ID on Notifications"

Second Part: Play new messages without user intervention.

This is to do with actual user configuration for how the user would want to hear the Voicemail in genral and nothing to do with on notification itself. It means you may not isolate settings to hear message in general way and on notification device.

I would suggest you may need to check settings under "Phone Menu" of that user. If you ckick on Edit > Phone Menu;

you will be presented with options that would help you, like under "After Sign-In Play" User New messages Automatically".

Also you may need to check under Edit>Playback Message Settings, how u want that to work.

HTH

Regards

M Taha

thanks

Problem is i cant find a way for unity not to ask to sign-in

there is a setting "

Hi Jacob,

Let me know where exactly your navigating through?

Actually let me rephrase it. For a particular user, say "test123", once you have clicked on user, on top menus you need to go under Edit>Notification Devices> .

You will be presented with Notification devices options there, click your mobile device and then at the bottom of this page, you will see an option as stated earlier in my post.

you have to ensure the check mark is unchecked for "

Prompt for User ID on Notifications"

I can paste a screenshot if that any help.

Regards

M Taha

Hi Jacob,

Also, to skip PIN, you need to add you mobile number under Edit>Alternate extentions.

HTH

Regards

M Taha

Prompt for User ID on Notifications is Unchecked

i think user ID = extension not PIN

i  also tried adding the mobile to alternate extensions and  under "Alternate Extension Advanced Settings"

checked "

still asking for PIN

i think this i because the notification call is not from a known extension , but to a known extension