Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity connection cluster status and backup issue

barry florence
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Our client unity connection server (version 8.0.3) cluster  has two servers such as primary/secondary as attached.
Based on my readings I know Unity Connection server cluster normally of types active/standby and active/ active,  
It looks there may be  split brain issue because of active/active status in subscriber, although I don't see any major user issue at the moment,  

when i login to the secondary CUC administration page, i get the following error upon login,
"Communication is not functioning correctly between the servers in the Cisco Unity Connection cluster. To review server status for the cluster, go to the Tools > Cluster Management
page of Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability. The Cisco Unity Connection cluster subscriber server has changed to Primary Status (failover has occurred). To review server status
for the cluster, go to the Tools > Cluster Management page of Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability."

Primary CUC Server:
admin:show cuc cluster status

Server Name   Member ID  Server State  Internal State                Reason
------------  ---------  ------------  ----------------------------  ------
xxxx-cuc-01  0          Primary       Pri Active                    Normal
xxxx-cuc-02  1          Primary       Sec Act Primary Disconnected  Normal

SERVER                 ID STATE    STATUS     QUEUE  CONNECTION CHANGED
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
x_ciscounity_pub      100 Active   Local           0
x_ciscounity_sub1     101 Active   Connected       0 Aug 18 22:10:20

Cluster Replication State: Replication status command started at: 2016-12-19-09-02
     Replication status command COMPLETED 519 tables checked out of 519
     No Errors or Mismatches found.

Secondary CUC Server:
admin:show cuc cluster status

Server Name   Member ID  Server State  Internal State                Reason
------------  ---------  ------------  ----------------------------  -------
xxxx-cuc-01  0          Disconnected  Unknown                       Unknown
xxxx-cuc-02  1          Primary       Sec Act Primary Disconnected  Normal

SERVER                 ID STATE    STATUS     QUEUE  CONNECTION CHANGED
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
x_ciscounity_pub      100 Active   Connected       0 Aug 18 22:10:20
x_ciscounity_sub1     101 Active   Local           0

Also the backup running on the cluster shows only cuc01 server backup on cuc01, it didn't show the cuc02 backup status, it looks there is an issue here.

On the secondary server it gives attached error.  I have restarted the Cisco DRF master and slave services, restarted tomcat services, it didn't resolve.

Recently there was some tomcat and ipsec trust certificates expired on this cluster(self signed), so recreated tomcat and ipsec trust certificates in cuc pub,
it has been replicated to cuc sub, I restared the tomcat services and master/slave drf services.   I can see in cuc pub certmanagement, tomcattrust, ipsectrust and callmanager trust of cuc pub and also that of cucsub.  
However in cucsub certmanagement, I can only see the cucpub tomcattrust,ipsectrust and callmanagertrust, i can't see any trust certs for cucsub.  I am not sure whether this a issue?

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks

Barry

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: