Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Web Inbox "Message access not enabled."

Jorge Armijo M
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone, 

We have a Unity version 11.5.1.12900-21 and few users with voicemail. When trying to access Web Inbox, I'm getting the error: "Message access not enabled." 

I did some research and found:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/troubleshooting/guide/9xcuctsgx/9xcuctsg215.html

I went ahead and did:

System Settings > Advanced > Messaging > Sent Messages: Retention Period (In Days) to a value greater than "0", and I'm still getting the same thing. 

Sent Messages Are Not Displayed in the Web Inbox
In order for sent messages to be available to users in the Sent folder in the Web Inbox, the Sent Messages feature must be enabled. By default, the feature is not enabled. To enable the feature, change the Sent Messages: Retention Period (in Days) setting on the System Settings > Advanced > Messaging page in Cisco Unity Connection Administration to a value greater than zero. Note that because sent messages count toward user mailbox quotas, configuring a high value for this setting can cause user mailboxes to fill with sent messages if users do not regularly manage them from the Web Inbox.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Jorge Armijo M
Level 1
Level 1

Never mind, just fixed it by enabling:

Class of service > Class of Service > Choose your COS > Enable "Allow Users to Use the Web Inbox and RSS feds"

Thanks. Great quick fix!  We recently upgraded to 11.x and there are a lot of things like this that need additional attention.

I know! There are tiny details, those make the difference. 

This info is really good.

But I don't understand; Why is this feature under the Licensed Features