cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connections nested call handler question

michael mack
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that wants to have a voicemail option that allows a user to press 1 to get a menu of support options.  That part is pretty straightforward, no problem.  Now, under the support options, they want the last option to be to have the caller press zero to leave a message for the original person.  I can't seem to find a way to accomplish that part.

In other words:

Caller -> extension 3456 -> voicemail

voicemail has option to leave message for 3456 or press 1 for support options

Support option menu has 9 options, with the last option to leave a message for the original caller (3456).

Anybody have any ideas how to do that?  Seems like it would be a fairly common thing to do, but I can't figure out any way to accomplish it.

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't see a way of doing that, these are the only options for a caller input:

Call Handler Edit Caller Input

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/gui_reference/guide/8xcucgrg060.html#wp1089192

None of the options uses the called party as part of the routing, if you use the take message option it will end up in whoever is configured as the message recipient configured for the call handler.

What you can configure is to take the message and configure a distribution list per support group so all get the message.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: