cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity - Did user record a Personal Greeting?

Randall White
Level 3
Level 3

How can I tell if a voicemail box is using the system default greeting, or if a user has recorded a personal greeting?

I have tried the User Data Dump tool, but the "GREETING_STANDARD_SOURCE" doesn't track with the actual recording status.

Unity Connection will use the system default greeting until a user has recorded a personal greeting. User Data Dump will give a status of "1" if the Greetings - Callers Hear - My Personal Recording is enabled, even if they have not recorded an actual greeting yet.

Is there a SQL database entry that will show if there is a greeting recorded?

This is Unity Connection 10.5.1 and User Data Dump 8.0.53

2 Replies 2

Nathan Gageby
Level 4
Level 4
Are you looking for a tool that gives you a list or just to check an individual mailbox? I would go to ciscounitytools.com and grab audio text manager. There may also be sample code that you can use there.

Randall White
Level 3
Level 3

I spent some time digging through the CUC database (thank you Jeff Lindborg and CUDLI). It looks like a filename is listed in the streamfile column of the vw_GreetingStreamFile table if a user has recorded a greeting. Unfortunately, vw_GreetingStreamFile lists all of the greetings, not just user mailboxes, so you have to cross reference to the vw_CallHandler table. User mailboxes are considered 'primary' call handlers, system call handlers are not.

If I did everything right, this query will list all user mailboxes that have a Standard Greeting recorded (just cut & paste into the CUDLI Query Builder):

SELECT vw_CallHandler.DisplayName, vw_GreetingStreamFile.StreamFile
 FROM vw_GreetingStreamFile JOIN vw_CallHandler
 ON vw_GreetingStreamFile.CallHandlerObjectId=vw_CallHandler.ObjectId
 WHERE vw_CallHandler.IsPrimary=1 AND vw_GreetingStreamFile.GreetingType='Standard'