Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Directory handler Map Q to 7, Z to 9

k.latham
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have been unable to locate where I can change the mapping for Q and Z. It appears that they are currently mapped to the 1 key and this doesn't make much sense. I have done several searches on CCO but have been unable to find a solution.

Anyone know how to do this off the top of their head?

Thanks,

Kevin

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity version?

This setting used to be on the primary location object, although on my 4.0(4) test system here I don't see it there any longer - not sure where it went to.

In the registry under HKLM\Software\Active Voice\Keypad Mapping\ you'll see the system key map and the 3 maps that are defined - you can change the system mapping to one of the three by changing the key name to match it. You can only choose one of these three maps (I've never seen a phone system use anything other than one of these three, and the first map is by far and away the most common - it maps 7 and 9 to Q and Z - not sure how your system got mapped to the "1" key, that's not the default, someone must have changed it along the way).

I believe this will require a restart of the system to take effect.

I am having the same trouble. If I change the reg key, it only changes the prompt that you hear. It doesn't actually change the "press 7 for Q and 9 for Z" key mapping. Does anyone know how to change this so I can it it to map like this. Right now it is "press 1 for Q and Z", which the owners do not want. We are running Unity 5.0.1.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: