cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity DiRT restore failure

Leonlei
Level 1
Level 1

We have a new Unity 4.0(5) installation. I wan able to run Unity DiRT backup successfully as unityadmin login. But when I tried to test restore, I got message says"The local installation is not clean, some users or objects have been added. The restore can only be run on a clean, new install of Unity. Existing..."

So I reinstalled Unity application, but the problem is still there. Where I should look at to fix the issue?

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's checking local objects (users, call handlers, COS, locations) and if the numbers are more than the default install it throws that error. If you've added any of those on the local system it'll give that error.

That check is mostly there for your safety (i.e. so you don't actually blow away a production system).

If you want to blow it away regardless you can run it with the "/dirtyrestore" command line option to skip that check. Make real sure you aren't wiping out a production system, though!

Thanks Jeff. Problem was fixed by deleting the subscribers except for Eadmin. Now DiRT both backup and restore are working properly.