cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity DIRT restore

jeff.singh_2
Level 3
Level 3

we have succesfully migrated the config from one Unity VM system to another using DIRT. Unfortunetly Customer cannot now schedule the cutover to the new server so are still working on the existing one - the new server is now populated with the config from the old. My question - can we take a DIRT backup of the old system and restore it again on the new system(which is already populated) so that the most up to date info is transferred over. Will a 'dirty restore'do the trick for us, if so what is the additional command and also is it TAC supported?

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The /dirtyrestore flag will do this for you - TAC should support it (I'm not TAC so I can't speak with authority, but it works and I know they've used it and QA tests with it).

The primary reason I check for a clean system is to prevent accidental disasters - I had a site that wiped out their production system by accident (they got confused, so they say, between the backup and the restore) so I put hard checks in there to not allow the restore to execute unless the local system was a new install (i.e. fewer than 10 subscribers, DLs etc...).

In all cases the entire local SQL db gets wiped out regardless of what's in there - so you can use the /dirtyrestore flag if you're careful (i.e. don't get confused about what system you're running this on!). The primary thing is that the local system is installed with the same version and is running properly - if that's the case, DiRT will be fine regardless of if there's a bunch of users/handlers populated already or not.