cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Error Message Finder

blended
Level 1
Level 1

It appears that the Error Finder doesn't have some new messages yet????

Anybody know what the name of this mailbox should be?

Unity 4.0.5 UM Exchange

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_BMsgConnector

Event Category: None

Event ID: 10005

Date: 7/23/2005

Time: 6:08:01 PM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITY

Description:

The CsBMsgConnector service encountered a problem accessing the Broadcast Messaging mailbox for this server. No incoming broadcast messages will be delivered locally until this is corrected. Examine the directory and/or mailstore for this mailbox to ensure it exists and is functioning. [Thread 0x00001318]

Thanks a million!

4 Replies 4

blended
Level 1
Level 1

I found the mailbox (called Usbms_servername) but cannot get rid of this error message.

The account had been disabled and moved to "pending removal."

Any suggestions?

Thx.

That mailbox is used to send/receive broadcast messages between unity/unity systems or the local unity system.

The service can be disabled if this is not being used in your environment per this document. But since the mailbox has been disabled and not usable that is why the error is occurring most likely, as the service also monitors the mailbox for messages.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_upgrade_guides_chapter09186a00803b1105.html

Service: CsBMsgConnector

Logs in as: UnityMsgStoreSvc

Startup: Manual

Comments:

Not critical if system broadcasts are not expected; can be disabled if the server is not intended to receive system broadcast messages that are sent from other Cisco Unity or Cisco Unity Express servers (or from the local Cisco Unity server if addressed to multiple servers).

If stopped, there is no impact on AvCsMgr; however, system broadcast messages that are sent from other Cisco Unity or Cisco Unity Express servers (or from the local Cisco Unity server if addressed to multiple servers) will not be processed or activated, and any messages received in the USbms mailbox (intentionally or inadvertently) will remain there unless they are manually deleted.

Thanks much for the help!

I did re-enable the mailbox and reset the password but it still gives this error. No need for Broadcast but I would love to know what it needs. Registry info for where the USBMS mailbox resides (I haven't looked at the registry yet), what mailstore and password etc.

Any insight ? I appreciate it!

I like to store knowledge for sometime in the future when I need to troubleshoot Broadcast.

Thanks again!

I ran install to add another language and it appears not to generate the event anymore.

Thanks much for the help!