cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity for Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Notes !!!

lps05073
Level 1
Level 1

I have software Unity 4.0 (2) installed integrated with Microsoft Exchange. I need migrate to Lotus Notes... Can I use the same software CD Unity ?

Do I need another License o another software Unity ?

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The CDs will be the same (i.e. during setup you can select Ex55, 2000, 2003 or Domino) - however the licenses are different I believe - you'll want to contact your account team about that.

You'll probably also want to get 4.0(3) with some Engineering Special patches - a number of fixes to DUCS and our interfaces to it (particularly around MWI activity) were made since the release of 4.0(2).

At this time we are strongly recommending all customers upgrade to Cisco Unity 4.0(3) for Lotus Domino as a number of critical defects have been fixed in 4.0(3) that were found in previous releases of Unity. Additionally you will have to apply Engineering Special 28 once you are at 4.0(3).

Thanks for the suggestion. Is there any documentation that details the open issues that are resolve in 4.0(3). One of our customers is experiencing some pretty odd behavior and I would likle to either verify or rule out that the upgrade would rectify the issues. Also, is Engineering special 28 readily available on CCO or is Special File Access required?

Thanks,

Chris Supino

Instead of applying ES 28 the new requirement is to apply service release for Cisco Unity 4.0(3) called SR1.

Cisco Unity 4.0(3) SR1 can be downloaded from CCO at http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/unity-40 and the SR1 release notes will provide details of the issues it resolves.

The release notes for Cisco Unity 4.0(3) can be found at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_release_note09186a00801b92bc.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: