cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity -How do I send my zero key to an external phone

thomuff
Level 3
Level 3

I have a user that would like when the caller gets her voicemail, they have the option to zero out and it would transfer them to her cell phone

3 Replies 3

davidgoude
Level 1
Level 1

What version of Unity are you on?

I have 4.0.4 and I do this with the use of a call handler. You need to create a call handler and in the Call Transfer options, under the Transfer Incoming Calls? section, choose "yes, ring a subscriber at this extension" Then add in the dial string to the cell phone (make sure you include any access codes Unity would need to dial out).

Then in the user's Subscriber setup, go to the Caller Input section and choose the 0 key. Select to send it to a call handler and enter the call handler name you just created. make sure it is an "attempt transfer for" and not the "send to greeting for" in the drop down selection.

Note this only works while the subscriber's mailbox greeting is playing.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are using 4.2, you can setup the Subscriber Greeting Caller Input key for "Alternate Contact Number"

Then you, the subscriber can figure any number they want, instead of having the Unity Admin do this... ;) You will also need to setup your class of Services to make sure they can dial 9,xxx.xxx.xxxx or Unity will bounce the call before it hits the TSP port to CCM.

let us know if you need more help!

Unity is running at 4.0 Buil 4.0(5)

Davidgoude resolved my issue with his post. I knew I had to change it to transfer but couldn't remember where to change it. Thank you

Tcatlinins Thank you for your post. That good infor to know for 4.2