cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Integration

dregier27
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently new to Unity but are loving it. Our only problem that we have is that we have a very large Active Directory and since we are only a small piece of the company that was able to implement VOIP we are unable to extend the AD schema for full integration. Instead we built a seperate AD just for the Unity server and the Exchange server. Our users all have 2 connections in Outlook. One to their main email inbox on an Exchange server and the second connection is an IMAP connection to the Unity Exchange server in the second domain. This is a cumbersome solution for our users as they do not receive email in their main mailbox and they have to remember yet another username and password. Has anyone else experienced a similar scenario where you can not extend the AD schema but want it integrated?

4 Replies 4

dregier27
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone have any ideas or been in similar situations? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

How did you go with this in the end?

Did you find an easy way to manage the username / password in the Unity domain?

Cheers,

Tim

Hi Tom -

We have an AD forest governance entity at the County of Sacramento that approves all schema related changes once they have been tested in a lab environment. We have an AD lab environment that mirrors our production environment, empty root forest with peer child domains. I have a document I could send you that may help justify extending the schema to those in your organization that express concern, show the specific attributes used by Unity etc. Note: Unity is not the only application to extend the AD schema, SMS does it, Exchange does it, Windows does it. It is a fact of life of managing applications and a shared directory. Email me at kavang@saccounty.net and I will get it to you.

Sincerely,

Ginger

You should extend the schema, get unified.

Which schema extensions are you worried about? Have you looked at them?

What version of Unity?

I understand the issues. :-(

rlp