Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Migration/import exchange subscriber Problem

jjia
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

Tried to migrate the old unity from 3.1(5) UM to a new hardware with 4.0(4) UM server with the same Exchange 5.5 as the partner server.

In Lab, I firstly installed 3.1(5) unity server in a server. And created some subscribers which are associated with this OLD unity server.

Then I installed a new Unity Server on a different server with Unity 4.0(4). (I will not use DiRT to restore the old system). Tested it can work finely.

After I un-install the OLD unity server with the Uninstall Unity utility, on the NEW unity server, I tried to import the subscriber from the Exchange server. However I could not find some subscribers in the NEW unity server although they are existed in Exchange 5.5 server.

My first question is: how can I import those subscribers from Exchange server on the new Unity Server?

My 2nd question is: How can I check the subscribers have been de-associated with OLD Unity server successfully? If failed, how to solve this problem?

Thanks,

JJ

1 Reply 1

jjia
Level 2
Level 2

OK,

I opened Exchange5.5 in raw mode (use the “-r” option on the Exchange administrator) and removed custom attributes 12 and 14 from the users having problems, then on the NEW unity server, I can import those users.

Thanks,

JJ