Unity Sign-in and DTMF Part II

clarenceparker
Level 1
Level 1
2 Replies 2

clarenceparker
Level 1
Level 1

I have users that cant access thier voicemail from the PSTN via the sign-in method. When they enter the Voicemail Box information the system says that it cant be detected. However, when I use my cellphone I can access what they need. I suspect that this is a DTMF issue and would like the know how to pin this down.

You'll need to determine whether the DTMF are making it to the Unity server and, if not, where are they getting dropped. Probably the most common place to loose DTMF from the PSTN when doing an IP integration is the gateway. Make sure DTMF relay is set up correctly as specified in the Unity Integration Guide(s). Since you can get in with your cell phone there's probably more going on (or maybe your cell calls come in through a different gateway?).

If that's not the issue then you can watch for touch tone events in Unity's Port Status Monitor. If the digits aren't showing up there then you start tracing your way back through the phone systme. With a legacy PBX where Unity connects via analog lines, a digit grabber can be used to check for the tones on the lines. With a CCM integration, you can look for Skinny DTMF events in either Unity diags, CCM traces or a network capture.

Regards,

Eric