Helpful
Replies

Unity - Three way conference?

john-glass
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am seeing the following problem intermittently: Unity 4.0.5 TSP 8.0.1b

Caller A is on the phone with Caller B (both IP phones, internal or external is the same).

A third caller calls Caller A. When that person is forwarded to voicemail (because A is still talking to B), everyone is conferenced on the call - so caller A and Caller B can hear Unity and themselves, and the third caller can hear them if they talk over the Unity greeting- it's as if they are all conferenced together.

Not sure where to start on this one. Any suggestions?

John

2 Replies 2

mrmccann
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm wondering if there is something going on with CallManager, outside of Unity. In this case, Unity is just an endpoint, and has no knowledge of the call between Caller A and Caller B, so I don't know how it would initiate a conference. Does this problem only happen when calls are forwarded from a given Phone A, when that caller is on the phone?

If so, can you recreate the problem reliably with that phone? Also, if you have Phone A forward to another phone instead of Unity, do you ever see Caller A and Caller B being conferenced in with the third caller ringing the other phone?

You might try posting on the CallManager forum to see if anyone over there has any ideas.

Thanks for the reply. I'll be able to do some testing this weekend and will get back to you.

John