cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity UM upgrade from 3.15 to 4.04 and Exchange upgrade from 2000 to 2003

mwadam
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer running Unity 3.15 UM. Exchange 2000 is off-box. We will be upgrading Unity from 3.15 to 4.04. The customer wants to upgrade Exchange from 2000 to 2003. I understand that 3.x does not support Exchange 2003, so we would performt he upgrades at the same time. What is the best method for the Exchange upgrade? Should it be performed prior to the Unity upgrade or after?

Thanks!!!

Adam

4 Replies 4

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Upgrading Cisco Unity 3.x Software to Version 4.0(4)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_upgrade_guides_chapter09186a0080205a78.html

Before you run Exchange 2003 Forestprep to begin an upgrade to Exchange 2003, you must first upgrade Cisco Unity to version 4.0(4). Otherwise, the changes that Forestprep makes to Active Directory will cause Cisco Unity to stop functioning.

I had read that in the upgrade guide, I thought maybe the Exchange upgrade could be performed separately from Unity. I guess thinking about it though this is not an option. Thanks for your input!

Adam

Definitely they should be separate in fact, only the Unity upgrade should go first. Suggest that you do that, check out the system for any trouble, before then doing Ex2003.

Thanks, will do!