cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity - Upgrade Error

snooter
Level 1
Level 1

Upgrading from 4.0(2) to 5.0(1) and changing hardware.

1st - upgraded 4.0(2) machine to 4.0(4) and applied SR1.

2nd - on the new server, installed win2k3 SP2, and 4.0(4) w/ SR1

3rd - DIRT backup old server, restored it to new - went just fine, all data and users imported perfectly.

4th - on the new machine, lauch the 5.0(1) setup and it stalls and gives this error:

“The name of this server was changed using a method that is no longer supported because of problems with SQL Server 2000. Before you can continue with the Cisco Unity upgrade, you must rename the server again using the currently supported procedure, which appears in the “Renaming a Cisco Unity Server or Moving a Cisco Unity Server to Another Domain” chapter of the Cisco Unity 4.x version of the “Reconfiguration and Upgrade Guide.”

I've followed that guide now twice, and still get this error. Anyone know what the issue is here?

Does the new server have to mactch the old one exactly as far as domain name, server name, etc, everything have to be name for name?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Please refer to http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCsj92828&Submit=Search to see if that's your issue. If this is your problem and you want to try the workaround, please contact Cisco TAC unless you are completely comfortable with mucking around in the Unity server SQL database. You can cause a lot more problems than you currently have if the database is modified incorrectly.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

From within SQL Query Analyzer on your new Unity server, please use the following query:

select @@servername

I'm thinking the SQL database, since it's been restored, has the name of the old Unity server in it. There are steps to change the server name within SQL, but please contact Cisco TAC before you consider making this change. For your review, here is the document I am referencing - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303774

Ginger

Well, I ran that query and it returned the correct server name. Meaning, the name of the server SQL is running on. So that part is correct and ok..

Hi again -

Sorry that didn't help :-(

The Unity 5.x upgrade I performed in our lab environment worked fine, from an existing 4.2 server. The only server I have DiRT backed up and restored to a new Windows 2003 server was Unity 4.0(5). This server was upgraded OK to 4.2(1) so I have not seen the error you are having. Hopefully someone else in our forum has some better information for you!

Ginger

Please refer to http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCsj92828&Submit=Search to see if that's your issue. If this is your problem and you want to try the workaround, please contact Cisco TAC unless you are completely comfortable with mucking around in the Unity server SQL database. You can cause a lot more problems than you currently have if the database is modified incorrectly.

That Bug/fix did the trick.

This is still a test lab at the moment so I wasn't to worried about trying it.

Thank You VERY much!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: