Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity VM Signon is dropping calls

Whenever someone presses the message button on thier IP phones or calls the VM backdoor number, the connection is made to the Unity server, but then immediately dropped. I never even hear a prompt. I can watch the call hit the Unity server, but it looks like it never makes it past sign-on. According the CallManager traces, the Unity server is disconnecting.

This is Unity 3.0(2) and CCM 3.1(4b)SRD. TSP is 7.0.4.

Any ideas?

-Tim

5 Replies 5

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

What happens if they pick up the phone and dial the Unity pilot number manually?

Are those code versions you put up there correct? Unity 3.0(2) / CCM 3.1(4b)SRD / TSP 7.0.4

Thanks,

Keith

If I dial the pilot number, same result. I've even dialed individual VM port numbers. The issue seems to be with the login. If I dial someones number and roll to VM, I hit * and it prompts me for the user ID. I enter the user ID and it disconnects.

Those version numbers are correct.

Thanx,

-Tim

Any errors in application logs?

H. M.

Nevermind. TAC helped me find it.

There is a bug in 3.0(x) that kills the login if your subscriber conversation audio is anything other than medium (default). Once I reset the audio to medium, it started working again. And hey, it only took nine hours for that little workaround!

Thanx,

-Tim

You probably want to get off that version of code. It is pretty darn old.

If you are in a UM configuration beware that users with VMO will have the same problem if they change the volume to anything other than 5.

Thanks,

Keith