cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity warns mailbox is over limit when is isn't

CodPiece1
Level 1
Level 1

User keeps getting message that his mailbox is full every time he checks his voicemail.

His Exchange mailbox is not over the warning threshold.

We have mailbox limits on Exchange (2003) set to:

warn over 1500000 KB

prohibit send over 2000000KB

prohibit send/receive is not checked

I ran a report on the user in question in Unity and his mailbox is 1261.38Mb.

1500000 KB / 1024 = 1464.85 MB (so his mailbox is not over the limit)

So, why would the user continue to get these warnings when he shouldn't?

P.S. No, I haven't jsut changed them so there should not be any replication latency issues.

P.P.S Yes, I know mailboxes that big are troublesome, but that's a different kettle of fish all-together.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is it saying he's over or he's _almost_ over. If it says you've almost reached your limit but it still lets you send messages than it's not indicating he's over limit 1. I believe the warning logic is such that if you're within a few percent of reaching limit 1 it starts warning you since once you pass limit 1 you can't send messages which tends to annoy people when it's sprung on them.

It is saying that he's approaching the limit.

I've run the calculations and can tell you that he is at 86.66% of warning level, 65% of total limit.

I don't think that would be high enough to warrant warnings EVERY time he checks his voicemail.

Any other thoughts?

And just to be sure the question is asked, you have not set lower mailbox thresholds specifically on his account, correct?

Also, if you are handy in SQL, might be interesting to see what the values of the mailboxusedefaultlimits, mailboxwarninglimit, mailboxsendlimit and mailboxsendreceivelimit columns reflect in the Subscriber table for this user. This information is supposed to by sync'd directly from AD and is usually quite right, rarely not.

Opened the tables in the SQL Database:

mailboxwarninglimit, mailboxsendlimit and mailboxsendrecievelimit are set to

*this is true for all users*

mailboxusedefaultlimit is set to "1"

*there are 4 users who mailboxusedefaultlimit is set to "0"

I wonder if setting the mailboxusedefaultlimit to "0" would fix it?

Thoughts?