cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity4.0.4 recognizing external calls with 3 digit ANI as Internal Calls

scottn
Level 1
Level 1

I received a call from an outside party that the caller ID came up only as “630”. This same person called someone else in the IT department and they were not there, so Unity answered the call and took a message. When the person retrieved the message it said it was from “630 – and the subscribers name” which it was not. Why would Unity be picking up the caller ID of “630” and think that it was an internal user and flag it as who left the message?

I know some companies that only send out extensions or area codes as their caller ID, if this is the case and Unity is looking at this and saying it was a internal caller because it is matching the caller ID to a internal user, we have a problem. Is there any way to work around this possibily by reconizing calls as being external or by not sending the ANI information from external calls to Unity?

Thanks for your help.

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity takes the calling number it gets from the swtich and searches the DTMFaccessID table for a match among subscribers - if one is found, then by default the message is left from that user.

You can turn off Identified Subscriber Messaging, however, which means all messages not explicitly addressed by a user who has logged into their mailbox will be left as a unidentified caller message. You can turn off the ISM flag in the Advanced Settings Tool which you'll find in the Tools Depot. the setting is called "Conversation - Disable Identified Subscriber Messaging System Wide".

Thanks for reply, I will try that out.