cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade from CallManager 4.21...is it possible?

pjweppner
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer wanting to upgrade 421 to 423 so they can perform a DMA to 7.12. It appears there is not a supported upgrade path from 421 to 423. To make things worse, there appears to be no upgrade path from 421 to any current version of CallManager.

I have come across this "blackhole" scenario before with an earlier version of 4.0. I was able to get a TAC engineer involved that found some cases where an upgrade path was performed, though not listed in the CUCM S/W Compatibility Matrix as a supported upgrade. TAC verified that they would support our upgrade given this situation.

Unfortunately, TAC is sayin for the upgrade from 4.2(1) to any version it is not supported.

So what gives, how can Cisco "blackhole" a customer and say they have to do a manual rebuild. There has to be an upgrade path....does anyone know if this is true? Will CUCM 8.X support this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Don't listen to them, of course you can do the upgrade from 4.1(2) to 4.1(3) and from 4.2(1) to 4.2(3).

For some reason no one has ever updated those compatibility tables and everyone thinks they're hitting a wall.

You can go ahead and download the .exe files from CCO and upgrade your server, then run DMA to go to a linux appliance.

I can tell it works because a long time ago when those were the latest releases i had a 4.2(1) and then upgraded to 4.2(3) (The best windows version we had =) )

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Don't listen to them, of course you can do the upgrade from 4.1(2) to 4.1(3) and from 4.2(1) to 4.2(3).

For some reason no one has ever updated those compatibility tables and everyone thinks they're hitting a wall.

You can go ahead and download the .exe files from CCO and upgrade your server, then run DMA to go to a linux appliance.

I can tell it works because a long time ago when those were the latest releases i had a 4.2(1) and then upgraded to 4.2(3) (The best windows version we had =) )

HTH

java

HTH

java

Very cool. That's what I thought...just be cautious before giving my customer the green light! Here's 5 point for ya!