Soumia BOUDERKA
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I make an update of unity on the same physical server. Current versions are:

Windows 2000
Exchange 2000
Unity 4.0(5)

What is the simplest procedure that you advise me to update my server.

Windows 2000 to 2003

Exchange 2000 to 2003

Unity 4.0(5) to 7.0(2)

Thank you for your answers.

Soumia,

4 Replies 4

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This a pretty major upgrade so simple isn't a word I would use here but, if you follow the guides, you should be ok. On the most generic level, I would do the following..

Run DBwalker and correct any errors presented on your Unity 4.05.

Run COBRAS backup on the 4.05.

Re-install the server from the OS up: re-install from scratch the 2003 Windows Server OS, install AD and Exchange 2003, and update the server to a DC.

(I am assuming this is on the same box voicemail only deployment since you haven't specified)

Install Unity 7.02

COBRAS restore to the 7.02 server.

Use this guide to do everything....

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/installation/guide/vmexnofo/5xcuigvmenofox.html

I know it says version 5.x but all 7.x install guides are the same at 5.x so it is ok. Please let us know if you are not doing voicemail only install as there is an install guide for that as well. You can also go to cisco.com and search "Unity Install Guide" and get what you need for your version and type of deployment.

Thanks!

Tray

Thank you for your reply. I found on the website as support for Microsoft Windows 2000 ended July 13, 2010!

If I install Unity 7.0 (2) on the same server without updating the Windows 2000 version. Will it be supported by Cisco?

TAC will always give best effort but if there is anything wrong with the OS and we need to get MS involved, they will not help us so it would be best to upgrade to the 2003 OS

Tray

My client has an MCS-7825-H1-ECS1 compatible with Unity 7.0 but it is not compatible with Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003.

What solution can you offer me? "