Views
Helpful
Replies

ViewMail for Outlook 8.6(4) - TRAP_E_UNKNOWN error

ith.allerdale
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco Support Community,

I'm hoping expert eyes can help me and shed some light on the problem I have. Basically I'm getting the AudioEventId = TRAP_E_UNKNOWN error (see attached error.jpg) when trying to playback a Unified Message to Phone using VMO 8.6(4) via Outlook 2010 Service Pack 1 on Windows 7 Service Pack 1 enterprise client.

Looking at VMO 8.6(4) Release Notes for this issue the symptoms I'm experiencing should have been resolved however they haven't and I'm unsure whether my problem comes under http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtr01462

Background:

- Cisco Unity 8.03 Unified Messaging installation in DomainB (Resource Domain).

- Exchange 2010 SP1 CAS cluster located in Domain B.

- User domain accounts are located in DomainA (Accounts Domain) NOT DomainB

- Users in DomainA access "linked" mailbox in Domain B

- Full Access/Send As permissions given to DomainA\username on DomainB\username mailbox to enable DomainA user access to DomainB mailbox.

- All Unity subscribers using VMO 5.0(2) via Outlook 2003 SP3 on Windows XP Pro SP3 can playback unified messages to phone.

- "GrantUnityAccess" used to associate DomainA\username accounts to susbcriber account.

- All Unity subsribers can access and log into Cisco Personal Communications Assistant with their DomainA credentials

I have attached the VMO log (see attached log.txt) if this will help? You're help would be greatly appreciated.

Anthony.

5 Replies 5

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Your VMO logs seem to point towards

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCte46717

You can try the workaround, but this defect is not going to be addressed by development.  You can speak with your account team if you feel it needs attention.

Hope that helps,

Brad

Dear Brad,

Thank you kindly for getting back to me and please accept my apologies for my belated response.

That certainly points me in the right direction, thank you.

I'm wondering whether you could point me in the right direction regarding how to configure/re-configure VMO8.6(4) to use DCOM instead of HTTP/HTTPS?

The reason I ask is because the only reference I have found so far is (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/vmo/release/notes/803cuvmorn.html#wp74348\) and it appears the installation directory of VMO 8.6 is different to 8.0 as the above link details do not relate to VMO 8.6.

Kind regards,

Anthony.

Message was edited by: Anthony Rigler

Message was edited again by: Anthony Rigler

Yep, that's it.  You'll look for the registry hive on your machine which should look something similar to:

[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems\Cisco Unity\VMO] and change the "Trap Connection Type"=2 if it isn't already

Hope that helps,

Brad

Dear Brad,

I thought that would be the case however the keys [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems\Cisco Unity\] or [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems\Cisco Unity\VMO] does not exist. The nearest match is [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems\ViewMail for Outlook]. It would appear the VMO 8.6 installer adds different keys to VMO 8.0??

In light of this, logic would suggest I add a new DWORD value called "Trap Connection Type" to the key [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems\ViewMail for Outlook] giving it a hexidecimal value of 2.

Does this sound right to you Brad?

Kind regards,

Anthony.

Hi Anthony,

Sorry, I seemed to have lost track that you were running VMO 8.6(4) and failed to read those Release Notes you posted were for the older version of VMO 8.0.  VMO 8.5+ no longer uses DCOM, and now uses HTTP between the client and Unity server.  So, forget those registry keys, they will not work with the newer version.  What you're likely running into is a known limitation:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCte46717 

You can also run some client side logging on your machine to see if you see the same E_AVAUTHEN_AMBIGUOUS_ACCOUNT error in the diags that the bug states.

I have an older doc that provides the steps on how to setup WinDBGView on your machine:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14203 

It may be attributed to how two domains in your design how you've had to grantunityaccess.  One thing I can suggest trying is to create a brand new user/mailbox in Unity's domain without any "linkage" to a different domain and stand up an Outlook client and the latest VMO in that same domain and test to see if the behavior is different than those users who have to "cross" domains with VMO 8.6(4) installed that are receiving the error.  The intention is to remove any requirement to grant unity access for users.

The defect indicates no intentions to address given Unity's product timeline. 

Hope that helps,

Brad