Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Mail Ports Rejected in CUCM - Unity Connection

alfonso.cornejo
Level 3
Level 3

Hi to all,

I have a CUCM v9.1 cluster (1 Pub and 2 Subs) with two device pools (DP_Site_A and DP_Site_B), each DP has a call manager group that has the Subscriber for each site as the Primary CUCM Server in order of registration: DP_Site_A -> CMGroup_A ( 1° Sub_A and 2° Sub_B) ,

DP_Site_B -> CMGroup_B ( 1° Sub_B and 2° Sub_A).

The issue that I have is that when I configure the voice ports in the CUCM with either DP_Site_A or DP_Site_B I always get those ports as "Rejected" in the registration status BUT if i leave the DP for the voice ports as default they get registered and actually work fine with voice mails.

My Unity Connection is v9.1 too.

Any ideas about what can be causing this behavior??

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Alfonso,

Can you check these settings in CUC for the "Secondary" CUCM (Sub) server config

to make sure the Subs are listed as part of the SCCP registration;

Step 32 On the Edit Servers page, do the following substeps if the Cisco Unified CM cluster has secondary servers. Otherwise, skip to Step 33.

##

a. Under Cisco Unified Communications Manager Servers, click Add.

##

b. Enter the following settings for the secondary Cisco Unified CM server and click Save.

#

#

Table 6-16     Settings for the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Servers 

#

Field

#

Setting

#

Order

#

Enter the order of priority for the Cisco Unified CM server. The  lowest  number is the primary Cisco Unified CM server, the higher  numbers are  the secondary servers.

#

IP Address or Host Name

#

Enter the IP address (or host name) of the secondary Cisco Unified CM server.

#

Port

#

Enter the TCP port of the Cisco Unified CM server that you are   integrating with Cisco Unity Connection. We recommend that you use the   default setting.

#

TLS Port

#

Enter the TLS port of the Cisco Unified CM server that you are   integrating with Cisco Unity Connection. We recommend that you use the   default setting.

#

Server Type

#

Click Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

http://www1.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/integration/cucm_sccp/guide/cucintcucmskinny050.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Talk about a dream
Try to make it real" 

- Springsteen

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Alfonso,

Can you check these settings in CUC for the "Secondary" CUCM (Sub) server config

to make sure the Subs are listed as part of the SCCP registration;

Step 32 On the Edit Servers page, do the following substeps if the Cisco Unified CM cluster has secondary servers. Otherwise, skip to Step 33.

##

a. Under Cisco Unified Communications Manager Servers, click Add.

##

b. Enter the following settings for the secondary Cisco Unified CM server and click Save.

#

#

Table 6-16     Settings for the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Servers 

#

Field

#

Setting

#

Order

#

Enter the order of priority for the Cisco Unified CM server. The  lowest  number is the primary Cisco Unified CM server, the higher  numbers are  the secondary servers.

#

IP Address or Host Name

#

Enter the IP address (or host name) of the secondary Cisco Unified CM server.

#

Port

#

Enter the TCP port of the Cisco Unified CM server that you are   integrating with Cisco Unity Connection. We recommend that you use the   default setting.

#

TLS Port

#

Enter the TLS port of the Cisco Unified CM server that you are   integrating with Cisco Unity Connection. We recommend that you use the   default setting.

#

Server Type

#

Click Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

http://www1.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/integration/cucm_sccp/guide/cucintcucmskinny050.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Talk about a dream
Try to make it real" 

- Springsteen

Thanks for your answer Rob!...I'll check that and see what happens, I forgot to mention that for CUC I also have a Pub and a Sub (a cluster of CUC)...is there something else that you suggest to verify in order to have a correct CUC - HA infrastructure??

Regards,

Hello guys, I have the same issue with my vm ports in cucm. However not all of them are rejected... Only some percentage is. I have checked all things mentioned anywhere on the forum and no luck. Any ideas what can be wrong? 

Hi Rob,

I test this today!!!...the ip addresses of the subscriber in both sites were missing in the config, I added them and all the ports were registered as expected.

I did the config for HA and the voice mail keeps working when I shut down the publisher.

Thanks alot for your help my friend!!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Alfonso,

You are most welcome my friend

For CUC HA review, I still like the training material from

the great Unity Tools site;

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Training/Connection/CUC7_01.html

Cheers!

Rob

"Talk about a dream