cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VVM System host/network reports server unavailable

duane.larson
Level 1
Level 1

I just set up Presence 8.0.2 with a Unity 7.1 Voicemail server.  I am confused about setting up the voicemail profile.  People with Personal Communicator 8 are able to check and see their email thanks to me setting up and configuring a mailstore on Exchange 2003.  Yet when I set up the Voicemail Profile I point it to the voicemail servers IP address, set the port to 80 and also tried 443.  Also set HTTP or HTTPS.  No matter what The Personal Communicator 8 client still shows the error

VVM System host/network reports server unavailable

when you do a health check on the client.  What is this for???  And how do you fix it?  Unity 7.1 doesn't have port 443 or 80 open yet the Presence Deployment PDF tells you to configure it this way.

2 Replies 2

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

VoiceMail retrieval will fully function without the VVM. It is required to get some extra function (i.e. secure messaging, move of deleted message).On both Unity or UnityConnection VMWS (Voice Mail Web Services) needs to be configured to get the VVM "green". VMWS configuration is on Unity Documentation, not CUPS (Link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cupa/visual_voicemail/7.0/english/install/guide/install.html#wp1053549)

If there is no requirement for the "extra" functionality (as most customer's won't) - the VVM warning can be safely ignored.

--

Configuring Voicemail Server Names and Addresses on Cisco Unified Presence

You must configure voicemail settings so that the Cisco Unified Personal Communicator can interact with the voice message web service (VMWS) on Cisco Unity or Cisco Unity Connection. The VMWS service enables Cisco Unified Personal Communicator to move deleted voicemail messages to the correct location. This service also provides message encryption capabilities to support secure messaging.

---

Source: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_0/english/install_upgrade/deployment/guide/dgappendixB.html

Thanks

Thanks for the info.