cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Way to Bulk Create/Add Translation Patterns to CUCM?

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hey All,

CUCM: 10.5(2)

A few years ago we setup the call blocking method via CUCM by creating an extra "filter_list" Partition, where if we send callers there, they get blocked.

Every now and then the receptionist will give me a large list of telephone numbers, 50+ or more. And I have to enter each one, one at a time, which can take a while. The Translation Pattern options that get included in each one is the Pattern, Description, Partition (*filter_list), and Route Option (*Block this pattern = call rejected).

Are there any methods to where I can add a list of telephone numbers as translation patterns in Bulk.?

I was thinking maybe there's a way to simply send a URL with the correct syntax and options, which I could script out with something like wget. But, doing a Wireshark capture while I manually added a Blocked Number, I didn't see anything that would make me think that this method would be possible.

Then, I thought maybe I could add them directly to CUCM database using some queries. With that, I came across Soap UI, which I read is how you can interact with the CUCM database... Would this be possible to do what I want using Soap UI?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Matt

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Why don't you use the import/export option in BAT?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hey Jaime, thanks for the reply.

So that's in CCMAdmin > Bulk Administration > Import/Export > Import.... Correct?

I've never used this function before. But, looking at the Export function, it allows me check/choose "Translation Pattern". So I chose Translation Pattern and exported it.

I downloaded the tar file, and looking at the "translationpattern.csv" file it lists out all the translation patterns in csv format... So I would assume that if I wanted to "Import" data, like the translation patterns, I would just need to mimic what's in this csv file? Would that include the column headers as well?

*Another question. If I wanted to, for example, add 10 new translation patterns, would I only need to create a csv file like the one I downloaded with only the 10 new patterns in it, and it would "ADD" it to the existing translation patterns? Or, would you need to include ALL existing translation patterns, including the 10 new ones I want added?

Thanks again for the reply, much appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt