cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which application needed for supervisor/agent monitoring

joenasca270
Level 1
Level 1

My current enterprise has Call Manager 7.1 as well as CTI and multiple other add-on applications. We are looking for a way to allow a supervisor to monitor an agent simply from their 7962 phone. I have researched extensively and the only thing I can come up with is the Barge feature but that only works for shared lines as far as I can tell. The agents that we would like to monitor are not in call queues and we would like to avoid creating queues. Is there a setting in call manager that we can select for the agents/supervisors to give perms and modify their phones for monitoring capabilities? Is it only possible through call center software?

Thank you all.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Barge is all you get in CUCM for what you want, if that doesn't fit your needs then you need a UCCX/UCCE solution for monitoring.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

CUCM actually provides a Monitoring and Recording framework that any application can use. This does not require a call center application and UCCX doesn't even utilize this in currently avialable releases. The only vendors I have seen who take advantage of it are call recording vendors such as TelRex, Verint, Calabrio (including Cisco OEM), etc. When working with these vendors most refer to this feature as Built in Bridge (BiB)-based recording/monitoring.

Please rate helpful replies.

joenasca270
Level 1
Level 1

Basically, there is no way to monitor without a third party application or a Cisco Call Center application?

Can you tell me the easiest way to enable monitoring. Not how to do it, rather, which applications are needed presuming we only have CUCM.