Views
Helpful
Replies

Presence - Call Manager Synchronization

jstickler
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have had issues with the Synchronization between Call Manager and Presence.  Essentially if a new user is created/password is changed/username is changed in Call Manager the user is not able to log in to Presence until we do a reboot of the server.  Unfortunately in our environment this is something that needs to be done after hours.

Does anyone know what the Synchronization service is on the Presence server?  If I do a restart on this service will it cause any outage for the users connected to Presence at the time?

Ultimately, I want to be able to fix the issue completely so that if a password is changed I don't need to restart the server or a service but for the time being this would be a vast improvement.

We are using the following versions:

CUCM - 7.1.3.32900-4

CUPS - 8.5.2.10000-49

Thank you for your help!

Jason

2 Replies 2

Marcel Ammann
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

in this post a user did have a similar problem:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3009808#3009808

Kind regards,

Marcel Ammann

P.S.: Please rate helpful posts

solivarr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The service you should restart is the Cisco UP Sync Agent.  Sometimes however, you may also have to restart the Cisco Tomcat Service prior to restarting the Sync Agent Service as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: