Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

change language in call manager and Unity

Good afternoon, I would like to know if you can guide me on the steps to change the language from English to Spanish in the call manager and the Unity System version: 11.5.1.13902-2.
I thank you in advance for the help you can give me!

6 Replies 6

pqueued
Level 1
Level 1
If you're referring to the GUI language, the language is now dependent on what you have configured as the language in your browser. For example in FireFox it would be Options -> General -> Language. If you change that to Spanish, it will change the GUI language.

If you're talking about phones, prompts, etc, that would be the locale.

Please rate if helpful~

No, that's not quite right, the settings in the browser do have to be adjusted, but if you do not install the locale, you won't get any other language besides english, that's why the locale README explains what components (GUIs) are affected for each language you want to install.

You have to install the locale for the language you want in your CUCM server, and confirm the interface you want in other language will be affected, as most usually only self-care portal is affected.

For CUC, there's a whole doc with the procedure to install locales that has to be followed, as some services need to be stopped.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello, I followed the guide, downloaded the file and loaded it into the call manager, when I went to the option of show software the file appears active. After that I restarted the call manager, however everything remains the same.
Is there something additional that should be done??

Hi, yes!

• Install proper Language locale on Unity server
  • Reset the three services that tells you on the read me file from the locale
  • Under Edit General configuration change the language and Save

Also if you need to have VM in english for some users, you can go to the user´s web page, and under location you can change the language.

in Callmanager

• Install proper Language locale on Unity server
  • Reset the TFTP services in the cluster
  • once installed you can set the language as Spanish from the parameter User Locale on the phone configuration page which is phone specificor set it for from the system-->enterprise parameter-->Default User Locale for all the phones in the cluster.

• Reset the phones

Rate if this Helps

QingYun Zhan
Level 1
Level 1

You can see url:https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-version-71/113395-cucm-locale-nl-00.html

Follow step to upgrade language in cucm.It`s the same most of version.

You must be carefure.If you upgrade language,the cucm website will be changed too and can not be back.But you can change the browser's default language to control it.The default language will be saved.

The phone language setting above my reply had answer.Please look.

Hello, I followed the guide, downloaded the file and loaded it into the call manager, when I went to the option of show software the file appears active. After that I restarted the call manager, however everything remains the same.
Is there something additional that should be done?