Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Callmanager service

Daniov1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
I have CUCM server version:10.5.2.12901-1.
callmanager service was restarted a few times in different days.
I tried to download Cisco RIS Data Collector PrefMonLog in order to see CPU state but there isn't logs on this specific date.
I have collected callmanager logs and I saw the following failure :
CallManagerFailure - Indicates an internal failure in Unified CM Host Name of Hosting Node:CCM-IL1-PUB Host Node IP Address:10.10.10.10 Reason code:4 Additional Text: App ID:Cisco CallManager Cluster ID:StandAloneCluster Node ID:CCM--PUB

How can i investigate the reason of service restart?

1 Reply 1

jason-mcgee
Level 3
Level 3

Timer Thread Died, looks like the solution is to open a TAC case.

Error Message

%UC_CALLMANAGER-2-CallManagerFailure: %[{Optional}Text=String][HostName=String][IPAddress=String][Reason=Enum][AppID=String][ClusterID=String][NodeID=String]: Indicates an internal failure in Unified CM.

Explanation   This alarm indicates that an internal failure occurred in the Cisco CallManager service. The service should restart in an attempt to clear the failure.

Recommended Action   Monitor for other alarms and restart Cisco CallManager service, if necessary. Collect the core file if available, SDL and CCM/SDI trace files (you can gather these from Trace and Log Central in RTMT using the Collect Files feature) and contact the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC).

Reason Code - Enum Definitions

Enum Definitions - Reason

Value Definition
1Unknown - Unified CM has failed for an unknown reason
2HeartBeatStopped - An internal heart beat has stopped after the preceding heart beat interval
3RouterThreadDied - An internal thread has failed
4TimerThreadDied - An internal thread has failed
5CriticalThreadDied - An internal thread has failed