Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified SRST Manager error adding CUCM

ali.haidar85
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to install SRST Manager to manage my 2951 routers. but I am getting the following error when trying to add CUCM to the SRST Manager

Request failed due to an internal system error.

1 error(s) reported.

Details: 

NewCallAgentWizard:execute(): InternalErrorException: com.cisco.umg.srsx.engine.ipc.client.EngineIpcException: createCm IPC call failure

Can somebody please advise.

Is SRST Manager version 9.0.7 supported on Esxi 5.5? is it also compatible with CUCM 10.5? 

Is the manager supported on UCS C220 M3S server.

I installed SRST Manager on a UCS C220 server co-located with the publisher server. I followed all the steps in the install guide (added DNS server, installed the Tomcat trust file). When I try to add the CUCM to the SRST Manager, it successfully complete all the steps but gives error on the last step as shown above.

Thanks

Ali

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

From Release note: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/srst_mgr/rel9_0/release_notes/rn_srst_mgr_90.html

ESXi 5.5 and C220 are not mentioned as supported ESXi version/platform.

System Requirements for Cisco Unified SRST Manager Release 9.0.7

Cisco Unified SRST Manager Release 9.0.7 operates within a VMWare Elastic Sky X (ESXi) environment. The software is packaged as an Open Virtual Appliance (OVA) template for installation within the ESXi environment (4.1 or 5.0)

Hardware Supported by Cisco Unified SRST Manager Release 9.0.7

The following tested reference configurations are supported by Cisco Unified SRST Manager Release 9.0.7:

• Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers
  • Cisco UCS C260 M2 Rack-Mount Server Tested Reference Configuration 1
  • Cisco UCS C210 Rack-Mount Servers
  • Cisco UCS C200 Rack-Mount Servers

But for both components it points to UC virtualization page for further details, which have no mention of this product.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

From Release note: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/srst_mgr/rel9_0/release_notes/rn_srst_mgr_90.html

ESXi 5.5 and C220 are not mentioned as supported ESXi version/platform.

System Requirements for Cisco Unified SRST Manager Release 9.0.7

Cisco Unified SRST Manager Release 9.0.7 operates within a VMWare Elastic Sky X (ESXi) environment. The software is packaged as an Open Virtual Appliance (OVA) template for installation within the ESXi environment (4.1 or 5.0)

Hardware Supported by Cisco Unified SRST Manager Release 9.0.7

The following tested reference configurations are supported by Cisco Unified SRST Manager Release 9.0.7:

• Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers
  • Cisco UCS C260 M2 Rack-Mount Server Tested Reference Configuration 1
  • Cisco UCS C210 Rack-Mount Servers
  • Cisco UCS C200 Rack-Mount Servers

But for both components it points to UC virtualization page for further details, which have no mention of this product.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

Terry,

thanks for your support. I also realized that the virtualization Wiki doesn't include any details regarding the ESRST Manager although it is referenced in the Cisco documentation.

I managed to resolve this, it was a browser issue!! I tried Firefox and it worked fine. I virtualized version 9.0.7 on ESXi 5.5 (which Cisco stated back in 2014 that it is road mapped) but it is not clear whether it is fully supported in version 9.0.7. I also installed on UCS C220 M3S. All seems to work fine and sync ok with my 2951 routers.

SRST Manager requires 1vCPU and 2GB RAM.

I also tested the above on Esxi 5.0 with same results.

-Ali

Dear Ali !

Srst Manger 11.0 and cucm 9.1.2 - in ESXI 5.5

i cannot add the central call agent in SRST manager: everytime it prompts the error

"Request failed due to internal system error" .

i tried with IE 11.0 , Firefox 42.0 latest updated , and Google crome ,,, no matter what ,,it give the above error ...

security cert from cucm is uploaded sucessfully.. very strange that a simple thing cannot be integrated,,,.

iam running out of options ,, u have any idea how to resolve this !

Ok,, got it working now !

Did the upgrade ! resolved  security certificate errors , Some DNS issue !

i made cisco router as dns server for srst due to hostname/domain mismatch in x509 certificate. anyhow it is working