Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection 8x - Bulk Administration Tool - Alias Modify

dsnaith123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I'm looking to use the Bulk Administration Tool to modify Alias field within "Users with Mailbox".

As Alias is a required field (i presume it uses Alias to find the user you want to modify) when applying BAT file is it possible to apply this modification or do i need to do it manually?

Regards

Darryl

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not aware of being able to change Alias in bulk as that is the unique identifier referencing what you are changing.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris for your reply.

I had read through the manuals but i couldnt see anything.  Posting on the forum more for hope than anything.

jforcum
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know if this is your problem, but I've had problems with required column headers, such as Alias and DisplayName.

First, I found an example BAT Template in the Users, Adds, Moves, Changes pdf guide or maybe the one in Online Help for CUC.  I copied the example into a CSV file in Excel and loaded it BAT.  The import failed with an error message like "invalid column [0]" "invalid column [1]".

I also used BAT to export each of the CUC templates, but I got the same error message. 

After wasting a couple of hours, I finally retyped the column headers with the same letters, same words.  This time it ran. Go figure. Just another illogical Cisco anomalie.