cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity connection-Web voice mail

masoodst123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi every one,  i am wondering why cisco allows normal voice mail users for webmailbox to see all unity connection administration menus, is there any way to disable the view from users??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

No method on Unity that I am aware of. If a user is interested in knowing what the web menu structure for Unity is, they are able to find out through the publically available documentation as well. On Unity non-admin users will be able to explore the menu tree but will be greeted by the "Not Authorized" message for every single menu item (screenshot example below).

The only way I can think of to accomplish what you are looking for would be to place Unity behind a Web proxy like a NetScaler which can filter out the URLs that you do not want the users to have access to "/cuadmin" for example. The easier method though would just be to communicate the correct URL for web inbox to the end users (/inbox).

Example of what normal users will get on any menu item selection in the /cuadmin URL.

Unity Not Authorized.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

No method on Unity that I am aware of. If a user is interested in knowing what the web menu structure for Unity is, they are able to find out through the publically available documentation as well. On Unity non-admin users will be able to explore the menu tree but will be greeted by the "Not Authorized" message for every single menu item (screenshot example below).

The only way I can think of to accomplish what you are looking for would be to place Unity behind a Web proxy like a NetScaler which can filter out the URLs that you do not want the users to have access to "/cuadmin" for example. The easier method though would just be to communicate the correct URL for web inbox to the end users (/inbox).

Example of what normal users will get on any menu item selection in the /cuadmin URL.

Unity Not Authorized.png

Thank you very much, i just wanted to confirm.