Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Deployment Problem

Mingjia Zhang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

Recently, I got a secondhand 2921 router from a friend. As far as I know, the 2921 router is an intergrated service router that can deploy voice, video, security and so on. And I also know, CME can be deployed into this router.

I want to deploy CME in this router but I don't understand too much about this. For example, questions below are confusing me.

1.This router is a basic router. Should I add some hardware to  meet the deployment requirements? What hardware should I add? PVDM3?

2.If I should use the designated IOS software to install CME or not? From the guidance "Unified CME, Unified SRST, and Cisco IOS Software Version Compatibility Matrix", if I want to install CME 10.5, I should use the 15.4(3)M release IOS software, am I?

3.What kind of licenses should I purchase?

4.I have tried to install CME but failed. The administrator guide said that it need a CME installation basic file and this can be downloaded from the given URL. But I can not access that URL. From the Cisco download page, I have downloaded the file "CME-COMPLETE-FILESET-12.3.tar" ,but I do not find the basic file. So, can I find it online? Or must I purchase it from a reseller?

Now I am stuck on these question. Could any masters give me some guidance to solve it? 

Thanks so much.

0 Replies 0