Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7825-I4

yamenginena
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have CUCM 7825-I4 with two NIC cards,

How can i use both of these NICs for failover scenario like connecting each NIC to one core ?

In that case does both NIC has same IP address ?

What is redundancy mode they work with ? (Active/Passive or Active/Active)

Thanks in advance

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

HI

The NIC teaming feature allows a Cisco MCS (or HP  or IBM equivalent server) to be connected to the IP network through two  NICs and, therefore, two physical cables. NIC teaming prevents network  downtime by transferring the workload from the failed port to the  working port. NIC teaming cannot be used for load balancing or  increasing the interface speed. NIC teaming is supported on dual-NIC  Cisco MCS platforms (or HP or IBM equivalents).

Regards
Ronak Patel

Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

View solution in original post

HI

Q 1 ) so i can connect each NIC to each Core and get better network connectivity with zero down time,

Answer :- Yes you can.

Q2 ) as both NICs are working in Active/Passive mode, which NIC port is the active and which one is the passive and can it be controlled ?

Answer :- When NFT is enabled, as long as eth0 is functional, it's used.  Once it fails or the router/switch that eth0 is connected to fails, eth1 takes over. Currently we can not control this functionality. We have bug raised for this , this enhancement can come in future relase.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsm47636

Regards
Ronak Patel

Hi

NFT :- Network Fault Tolerance. Also called as NIC teaming.

Use "set network failover " comand to enable it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cli_ref/7_0_1/cli_ref.html#wp40017

Dont forget to rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards
Ronak Patel

7 Replies 7

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

HI

The NIC teaming feature allows a Cisco MCS (or HP  or IBM equivalent server) to be connected to the IP network through two  NICs and, therefore, two physical cables. NIC teaming prevents network  downtime by transferring the workload from the failed port to the  working port. NIC teaming cannot be used for load balancing or  increasing the interface speed. NIC teaming is supported on dual-NIC  Cisco MCS platforms (or HP or IBM equivalents).

Regards
Ronak Patel

Dear Ronak,

Thanks for your fast response,

so i can connect each NIC to each Core and get better network connectivity with zero down time,

as both NICs are working in Active/Passive mode, which NIC port is the active and which one is the passive and can it be controlled ?

HI

Q 1 ) so i can connect each NIC to each Core and get better network connectivity with zero down time,

Answer :- Yes you can.

Q2 ) as both NICs are working in Active/Passive mode, which NIC port is the active and which one is the passive and can it be controlled ?

Answer :- When NFT is enabled, as long as eth0 is functional, it's used.  Once it fails or the router/switch that eth0 is connected to fails, eth1 takes over. Currently we can not control this functionality. We have bug raised for this , this enhancement can come in future relase.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsm47636

Regards
Ronak Patel

Dear Ronak,

Thanks for your help, but what NFT stand for and how can i enable it ?

Hi

NFT :- Network Fault Tolerance. Also called as NIC teaming.

Use "set network failover " comand to enable it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cli_ref/7_0_1/cli_ref.html#wp40017

Dont forget to rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Regards
Ronak Patel

Dear Ronak,

Really thanks for your help

my last question, does this command has any impact on network performance during or after applying or does it has any recommendation ?

again thanks for your great support

Hi

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2105101

Regards
Ronak Patel