cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - Block all inbound external calls to certain DN

Craig Hunt
Level 1
Level 1

We have an overhead paging system at a hospital that we are able to dial a 4-digit number to access.  Everything works fine but we now have a request to not allow any external callers to access this DN.  Only calls initiated internally should be able to dial the 4-digit DN.  I think this would be more straight forward but now I'm stuck.  Any suggestions?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adjust the inbound CSS, and your CSS and partitions as required.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for your quick response.  Would you mind elaborating a bit.  I have tried changing the CSS and Partitions on both the device (VG350 port) and DN without being able to accomplish what I need.  Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Craig,

Do you have an internal partition only? An internal only calling search space? One way would be to create a partition for the intercom, then make sure that no other partitions except the internal partitions can reach it, that will exclude any inbound numbers. My internal partition in Internal_PT under my calling search spaces I have also called it Internal_PTCSS. Then under the calling search space configuration page, only select the internal partitions that you want to be able to dial the intercom. Do not give that calling search space access to all available partitions. You could also do it under the Intercom calling search space and partition under CCMAdmin GUI Call Routing >>> Intercom. There is some additional functionality to the intercom piece, that you will want to read up on before you do it that way though.

Craig Hunt
Level 1
Level 1

I had missed adding the restricted partition to the device CSS I only had it on the DN level CSS.  All good now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: