Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Design Question

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Everyone

I'm currently working on moving all of our remote sites off of there CUCM 4.3 servers and leaving just the gateway to create a centralized call processing model. I've done all of my pre configuration for the other sites inside of my CUCM 10 server. I know that when you use the distributed model you have to have route patterns for the DN so that you can do inner office dialing across the ICT's. My question is, I setup 2 phones  yesterday using my new CSS and PT. And the phones could call each other fine because they both were in the new Global_PT where all of my DID will eventually reside. We have 13 sites that I'm going to move over one a week, but how can I keep the phones to where they can do 4 digit dialing once they have been moved to the new PT to phones that haven't been moved yet. I tried calling one of our offices yesterday in Austion which is 67XX block and I would get an annunciator and I know it's because they aren't  in the new PT.Any help would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to your reponses and have a great day.

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Again, without knowing all the details of your deployment, yes, that would appear to work based on what you mentioned.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adjust your CSS and partitions as necessary, as I told you before, those two are basic building blocks in CUCM and you really need to understand how they work.

You'll need to modify the CSS from the phones, and add the partition of the phones you want to reach,

You're the only one that knows exactly how this is configured and how it looks right now, and how it will look in the future, based on what you're configuring.

HTH

java

Jamie

Would this solution work, we currently have all of our route patterns for other site DN's in a PT called ONNET_PT and I want to move everything to the new global PT because the route patterns won't be needed anyone more once those phones register with our SUB.So could I place the ONNET_PT in my phone CSS and the line CSS for now so that we can still reach the other offices and when I bring a site over place that sights DN in my Global_PT and remove that route pattern for that sight.

Again, without knowing all the details of your deployment, yes, that would appear to work based on what you mentioned.

HTH

java

Thanks Jaime

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: