Views
Helpful
Replies

How to add null value to remove alternate extension in CUC with BAT

jgardner150
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Everyone,

I'm a bit of a newbbie here so I'm hopeing somone with more experience using BAT in unity connection can help me. I have about 650 users in our unity connection server that have alternate extension we had in place while we were migrating from a Seimens phone system to our new VoIP environment. We are now fully migrated and have no use for these alternate extension and I want to delete them. I have tried doing this through the bulk edit tool / BAT, but have been unsucessfull in making the field blank. I can easily change them all to a single number, but my goal is to clean them up and get rid of them.

Here is what I have tried so far:

- Export the user, delete the alt extension and import - didn't think this would work, but had to try...

- Found a guide for bulk edit and used "To explicitly set the value of a field to empty (or to null, if allowed), use the expression %null% for the value in the CSV file." - couldn't get this to work either, if someone was able to get this to work let me know... maybe i'm doing something else wrong.

I am running CUC 7.1.3

Any help would be greatly appreaciated!

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

This tool will allow you to delete the Alternate Extensions while leaving the Primary

Extension untouched.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/BulkUserDelete/BulkUserDelete.html

Cheers!

Rob