Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber users "separated" into two groups, unable to add users from other group

Attila Rumy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi everybody,

I'm implementing Jabber for Everyone at my customer and facing a very strange issue. Some users are able to add some other users but not any users and we have two let's say groups for which this symptom is true vica versa. Any help would be appreciated.

We have CUCM 8.6, CUP 8.6, Jabber 9.0.1 and Jabber 9.0.2, Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003.

We have realized that the users are separated into two groups, one group is users who have been created when there was Windows NT server which has been upgraded to Windows Server 2003, the other group is users who have been added since the Windows Server 2003 was up and running.

When a "new" user adds a "new" user - OK

When an "old" user adds an "old" user - OK

When a "new" user adds an "old" user - for a moment the user is visible in the Jabber client but then it dissapears almost immediately.

When an "old" user adds a "new" user - for a moment the user is visible in the Jabber client but then it dissapears almost immediately.

After adding a user which dissapears, it's not even shown in the Presence server admin page under the end user.

I've searched through the support community and the internet but didn't find any solution for this kind of problem. Please, if anyone has an idea don't hesitate in telling me :-)

Many thanks,

Attila

1 Reply 1

Attila Rumy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

anyone came across the same problem?

Many thanks,

Attila

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: