Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem MWI Extension Number on Unity Connection

FPENTEADO
Level 1
Level 1

I'm setting my Unity Connection and I am with this situation

I've imported users from LDAP and it comes with the extension number 117XXX. This users on CUCM, has the Primary extension 7XXX.

Doing the test, the person calls me and leaves a message in the mailbox quietly, but the MWI does not work. For MWI work I had to edit the user and modify extension number to 7XXX and then deploy as alternate extension 117XXX on alternate number (but that's not what I want)

Is there any way to create a translation for when my MWI "turn on" for my number, he put the 11 in front?

My config is

Minha conf está assim

CSS_ MWI-SP

PT_MWI

PT_números de SP

VM_Pilot 7010

CSS_ MWI-SP

VM_PORT (Range do 7010 até 7057)

CSS_ MWI-SP

PT_MWI*

*this partition is inside of that CSS

MWI ON / OFF 7511 7512

CSS_ MWI-SP

PT_MWI

Kind Regards

7 Replies 7

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Under the user settings go to "Message Waiting Indicators" and uncheck "Inherit User's Extension" and remove 11 from the extension.

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

It's works, but it's brings another problem lol

My CUCM and Unity are centralized and I have like overlap numbers but on different partitions When calls are intersited i digit (intersite code + extesion) like 117641 and 217641. If I did it above I'll have this issues.

Have you setup partitions and search spaces in Unity to provide better call routing?

HTH Regards, Yosh

All of them are on the same partition. If I separet them to different partition but same search space (wich see each other) it could be work ?

You should create seperate search spaces. If you want to be able to call each other you should create the following:

Partition 11

Partition 21

Search Space 11

Partition 11

Partition 12

Search Space 12

Partition 12

Partition 11

Assign the partition and seach space to the users accordingly this way the users that need to reach a certain site first can.

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

This is theory though just give both a try and see what you get.

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

FPENTEADO
Level 1
Level 1

HI people. I solve this problem creating unique Extensions Number for all DNs on my Company. Even if we have "same" number on different sites, I can dial without access code on same sites by Translations Parttern. So that, on Unity Connection the number are unique.