Replies

UCM Re-writing contact header in SIP Invites

carlnewton
Level 3
Level 3

Guys,

I have the following call flow:

Internet - > Expressway E -> Expressway C-> UCM -> VCS-C -> MX200G2 TP unit

I am working on migrating a customer from VCS with registered devices, to UCM with registered devices and Expressway for B2b. Part of it is ensuring that calls can come in either through the Expressway, or the VCS and work OK.

Calls route OK but caller ID is screwy

When you call the MX200 from an external Jabber B2b client (not MRA, its a different organisation) through the VCS you get the correct caller ID (Carl.newton@domain.com)

When you call it through the expressway E, you get carl.newton@10.208.140.11 (Which is the IP of the UCM)

Looking at the invites, the call manager is re-writing the contact headers on the SIP invite to include its own IP Address.  The invite from ExpresswayC to UCM has the correct info.  The invite received by VCS from UCM has the wrong info.

Anyone know how I’d tell it not to do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The CUCM SIP Profile assigned to the MX200 needs to have "Use FQDN in requests" checked. When you do that CUCM will allow a DNS value in the right-hand side of the URI.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The CUCM SIP Profile assigned to the MX200 needs to have "Use FQDN in requests" checked. When you do that CUCM will allow a DNS value in the right-hand side of the URI.