Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 8.6 SMTP Address changes

Kumar Muddaiah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am configuring voice mail notification thru SMTP configuration, unity connection is establishing connection with SMTP relay server. & sending the message to respective address, but my IBM domino is rejected for policy reasons. when i check the logs, I found To address is correct but when its come to from address its using unityconnection@company.com.  User details of unity connection are un-editable, do i have option to change this “from” address to my mail server acceptable address.

Thanks

Kumar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bradley Gruesbeck
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kumar,

Yes, the only part of the SMTP address you can change would be the SMTP domain. The SMTP domain is set on the Unity Connection server (System Settings > SMTP Configuration > Server > SMTP Domain) and you can have that match your corporate SMTP domain for routing purposes. We don't recommend it since it can break other features listed in the doc below. You'll have to make the determination if this is the change you want to make however it may help with your issue.

SMTP domain considerations:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16892

Good Luck,

Brad

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Bradley Gruesbeck
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kumar,

Yes, the only part of the SMTP address you can change would be the SMTP domain. The SMTP domain is set on the Unity Connection server (System Settings > SMTP Configuration > Server > SMTP Domain) and you can have that match your corporate SMTP domain for routing purposes. We don't recommend it since it can break other features listed in the doc below. You'll have to make the determination if this is the change you want to make however it may help with your issue.

SMTP domain considerations:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16892

Good Luck,

Brad