Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Greeting Itself Again and Again

mehmethyeni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a very basic greeting and What I want to do is play the record, if caller knows to whom he calls and click the internal number, then forward the calls. If nothing is pressed by caller, then forward it to secretery. When I try this, it plays the record again and again. I can manage this by making callers push "0" but this isn't the real solution. What do you suggest?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

by default any greeting for a call handler that's expecting input will repeat twice (i.e. play a total of 3 times) - for a greeting that's expecting user input as an option (in your case dialing an extension) it's generally expected they get at least a couple shots at it - listening to a greeting that ends and then rockets you off to another target before you get a chance to enter an Id that you weren't expecting is a bit rude (and illegal in installs that require adherence to accessibility rules such as government installs).

If you set the "times to reprompt the caller" to 0 on the greeting page for the greeting in question then it should play the greeting and then take the after greeting action.  This is fine if it's a user's greeting followed by a take message but if you're asking the user for input you really should give them at least 2 shots at it (i.e. set reprompts to 1)

Thanks lindborg. I applied "times to reprompt the caller" to 1 but it plays recording after and after. What I want is play the record two times and if there is no action by caller then forward it to operator number(secretary). Is there anything to be accomplished ? By the way cuc version is 11.0.1.20000-2.