Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Version 7 - service not available

CapriciousX
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a CUCM 6 with UC version 7 running. When I have tried to call the unity I got the message "service is not available." After resetting the ports on the CUCM, everything were fine again. I could not see anything in the logs I have checked on the Unity. Maybe I have taken a look at the wrong ones? Is there anything else I can do to trace the error?

Thanks for your help.

3 Replies 3

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What have you checked on the Unity Connection server itself?  Specifically, have you verified that all the services are running and healthy?  In addition, you may need to try a reboot of the Unity Connection server.

We need more details here to be of much value in helping to effectively troubleshoot.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Hello David,

the unity is running fine now as I have reseted the unity ports on the CUCM as written. Actually I am looking for help, which logs could be interesting to check. So that I am able to see what was the cause for those "service unvailable" message. :-)

Cheers,

Capri

Capri,

Gotcha.  I'll be straigtforward in telling you that it may difficult to find anything in the logs and traces for this type of error.  However, it's not impossible and I commend you for wanting to investigate further (many folks only care about resolution and not cause...however, it is the latter that sometimes really helps us in the end).  It really depends on the nature of the error.  However, here are 2 resources to take a look at (if you've not done so already):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/troubleshooting/guide/7xcuctsg010.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/troubleshooting/guide/7xcuctsg040.html#wp1059144

Since the call was getting to CUC, the CUCM traces and logs are not likely to be of any use.  If you've already seen the info above, I apologize.  I've actually seen the issue you described before in an initial implementation of CUC and found that resetting the port groups did not work for me.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!