Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity failover config wizard - sql failure

jhongrack-choi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I got an error message when I configure failover config on the secondary Unity server. primary was successful.

- Unity 4.0(3)sp1

- SQL2000

[0x1ae]"failed to find the SQL publication on the primary server". The SQL replication is required for Unity failover. Disable all Unity replication using SQL enterprise manager and run this wizard again"

I followed all the configuration as per the instruction. any tips ?

Thanks,

5 Replies 5

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have antivirus, or CSA running?

Yes, CSA was running on both Unity servers. when I start FCT in secondary, I choose "yes all" and no popup in the primary.

Is there any requirement regards the antivirus and CSA to run the FCT ?

Thanks,

successful the FCW after disable the CSA on both Unity servers and work fine the replication test.

another issue that the replication not works after reboot the both Unity servers and work if I restart the MSSQLSERVER service in the primary Unity. I applied SQL2000 sp3a but no luck and difficult to troubleshooting with my knowledge. please guide.

Thanks,

Ok. So if you reboot both servers at the same time, both servers may not have their services up when the secondary server is trying to replicate. I'd suggest booting one or the other but wait for a few minutes in between each to allow ALL the services of one server to be online.

Unity servers should be on UPS and if that is so, it is unlikely that both servers would ever go down at the same time.

hi ,

i am alos facing the same error message for unity 4.0.(5) when i try to run FCW.

i dotn have any anti-virus nor CSA running.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: