Helpful
Replies

Using Cisco Unity as auto-attendant

PT18
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Need some help, please.

We'd like to setup Cisco Unity to auto attend calls made direct to specific extensions where it will just playback the greeting and return the call back to CUCM on same extension that was called so that it can be answered. Is this possible? If yes, how can that be setup? How will CUCM send call to Unity and Unity would route it back to CUCM on same extension that was called? Also, what would happen if that person is not reachable and call returns to Unity where caller would like to him voicemail on his extension? How would Unity know this time that it should not playback greeting but instead allow caller to leave voicemail?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What you're looking for is not AA (you're not configuring any input or call treatment), what you're looking for, is just something that plays a greeting.

The problem here, is that CUC works on fixed configuration, which means, you would need to replicate the call flow for EVERY SINGLE DN you want to have that. There is no way in CUC to configure patterns with wildcards as you can do with CUCM.

You probably want to look into developing a TCL script to do that, look into a Contact Center product, or use a 3rd party

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/UC_3rd_party_vendors#Parsec_Telesystems

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What you're looking for is not AA (you're not configuring any input or call treatment), what you're looking for, is just something that plays a greeting.

The problem here, is that CUC works on fixed configuration, which means, you would need to replicate the call flow for EVERY SINGLE DN you want to have that. There is no way in CUC to configure patterns with wildcards as you can do with CUCM.

You probably want to look into developing a TCL script to do that, look into a Contact Center product, or use a 3rd party

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/UC_3rd_party_vendors#Parsec_Telesystems

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime and apologies for delayed response. In the end, we decided to use UCCE/CVP to play back the warning. However, there was another thread I found later on that also mentioned using CUCM 10.5 or later hunt-pilot to playback such messages which looked interesting too.

Appreciate your assistance with this.

I also believe that the solution with CUCM hunt-groups works little better than using CUC.

If I understand it correctly, if using CUC, we'll need to configure new extension matching agent's extension and keep it in another partition which gets picked up first, have it forwarded to CUC. Now, CUC will also need the same extension configured on Call Handler which, after playing back warning, will return call to agent's extension. Now, if agent does not answer call and call needs to go back to Unity, in this case, to his/her voicemail, my understanding is that Unity will playback the warning again and not let the callers leave VM. Correct me if wrong.

On the other side, if we were to use hunt-pilot, we wouldn't have to worry about this.