cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

voicemail to multiple exchange emails?

Brandon Pierce
Level 4
Level 4

Had a request come asking if I can send the voicemail outlook emails to two people.  I'm not 100% sure if this is possible and was wondering if anyone else here has any information on this?  As it stands, the mailbox is a general mailbox for a public/anon phone.  Unity Connection/CUCM 10.5(1)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

There are a couple of ways you could go about this:

1. Relay the message to a distribution list which contains the 2 users (Under Edit > Message Actions on the UCXN user).

2. Create 2 HTML notification devices on the user mailbox (one for each email address) and configure them to attach the voicemail to the email notification. This will only work on UCXN 10.X+.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

There are a couple of ways you could go about this:

1. Relay the message to a distribution list which contains the 2 users (Under Edit > Message Actions on the UCXN user).

2. Create 2 HTML notification devices on the user mailbox (one for each email address) and configure them to attach the voicemail to the email notification. This will only work on UCXN 10.X+.

Interesting, didn't even know about that feature.  So the attached screenshot is all I really need to define two different times correct?

Almost, you will also need to tick the "Allow voicemail as attachments" box for the message to be attached to the email.

In order to enable this feature globally (so it isn't grayed out), navigate to "Advanced" > "Messaging", and then enable the "Allow voicemail as attachments to HTML notifications" option.

Let us know if this works for you.

Hmm, the user still isn't getting the emails.  I also tried setting up a relay to another address and no dice either.  I may have to pull RTMT traces for SMTP to see what is going on.

Is it possible for you to check the mail logs on the smart host UCXN is configured to use?

I wish I could.  The server team is completely separate and a different company all together.  I ended up figuring that it is being blocked to non-local emails.  The user is on a separate exchange than everyone else since they are in the cloud on Office 365.  I could probably ask the exchange admins to open it up for a quick test but the request was shut down yesterday when the server team told the users it wasn't possible.  I just wish I could have had my hands on the box.  I suppose I could add another Unified Messaging account for just Office 365 and do it that way.

Wholly Cr$$.. this is fantastic.  HTML for multiple SMTP workaround.  It works but its a bit funny.

Old thread but ran into this the other day - you can add multiple email addresses to the "To:" field in the SMTP notification - just separate them by commas

The field allows up to 128 characters.

Well, there's always the old standby work around for this (from the old Unity days). 

Get the Exchange admins to create an e mail enabled distribution list that contains all the folks you want it to go to.  Then send the e mail to THAT and let Exchange do the work.

We have office 365 integrated with CUC.

Now, i can send voice mail attachment to single email address from CUC. But is not possible to send to multiple email address. To send to single email address , i did following :

User->unified messaging account: Given the destination email address.

How can we send to distribution list ? I added a new distribution list and also added two members in to that.

What is the next step i have to make > Could you please explain ?

Also edit->Message action .......... I could not find anything to point to distribution list 

Not sure why this came to me but I think this is the answer.
In your distribution list you need to enabled the distribution list to allow emails from Internal and External sources