I have deployed Hypeflex using installer VM in past with no issues. However, this time I need to deploy new Hyperflex cluster with 4 HX nodes in entirely different infrastructure using Cisco Intersight and I am following below CVD for this.
As this is the first time, I'll be deploying it from Cisco Intersight so have some below queries that are still not clear. Kindly suggest.
1) As per Cisco, IP address for the storage data traffic will be derived from the MAC addresses and IPs assigned will be from range 169.254.0.0/16 where 3rd octet will be assigned from the MAC address. If Intersight assign IP based on the MAC address field, then how do I know the subnet/VLAN ID that I need to create on upstream switches for storage traffic ?
2) In my Infra, Jumbo frames cannot be enabled at this moment now and may be in future it will be enabled. However, are there any specific settings (Except MTU size in UCS Polices & disabling jumbo frames during installation)that I need to consider if I don't enable Jumbo Frames ?
3) Also, during Hyperflex configuration using Intersight which option (VDI Otimization,Logical Availability Zones)should I select for storage configuration ? I am not deploying this hyperflex for VDI as it will be simple VMware environment and as far as I know for LAZ we need minimum 8 Nodes.
4) During Installation, I don't see option to name the Controller VMs. Is there a way we can name the controller VM or Intersight installation will just assign random names ?
5) Which Replication factor can be used in cluster of 4 nodes ? I believe RF3 can be used only in setup where atleast 5 nodes are available.
2 weeks ago, as part of deploying a new UCS deployment with 6332-16UP FIs I upgraded the FW from 4.0(4c) to 4.1(3b) I received the below minor fault:"Partition bootflash on fabric interconnect A is clean but with errors." Code F2016After consulting some d...
Is it possible to change or define a user-defined hostname for the Hyperflex storage controller VMs? I'd like to change it from the system generated SpringPathControllerxxxxxxxxxxx without causing any issues if possible.
Hello,I have a ucs c220 m4 on which I have done a firmware upgrade and the CIMC secure boot was enabled during the firmware upgrade.now, I'm getting the signature violation message.The server has no OS at all.I want to install esxi, proxmox or any o...
Hi GuysGetting at DIMM D2 slot ignored disabled for UCS C220 M3 , The RAM its DDR3 16GB Thanks trying to filll up DIMM D1/D2/H1/H2 with DDR3 16GB DIMM Locator , BTW what this blue and Black color on DIMM Thanks all
Hello,we are performing a staging and firmware updates on a bunch of C220 M5 standalone servers delivered with CIMC 4.1(2a) loaded. After initial CIMC setup we are able to connect to CIMC GUI, all looking fine, however, we are unable to launch vKVM consol...