cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
IC2317
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have deployed Hypeflex using installer VM in past with no issues. However, this time I need to deploy new Hyperflex cluster with 4 HX nodes in entirely different infrastructure using Cisco Intersight and I am following below CVD for this.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/UCS_CVDs/hx_4_vsi_vmware_esxi.html#_Toc24465144

As this is the first time, I'll be deploying it from Cisco Intersight so have some below queries that are still not clear. Kindly suggest.

1) As per Cisco, IP address for the storage data traffic will be derived from the MAC addresses and IPs assigned will be from range 169.254.0.0/16 where 3rd octet will be assigned from the MAC address. If Intersight assign IP based on the MAC address field, then how do I know the subnet/VLAN ID that I need to create on upstream switches for storage traffic ?

2) In my Infra, Jumbo frames cannot be enabled at this moment now and may be in future it will be enabled. However, are there any specific settings (Except MTU size in UCS Polices & disabling jumbo frames  during installation)that I need to consider if I don't enable Jumbo Frames ?

3) Also, during Hyperflex configuration using Intersight which option (VDI Otimization,Logical Availability Zones)should I select for storage configuration ? I am not deploying this hyperflex for VDI as it will be simple VMware environment and as far as I know for LAZ we need minimum 8 Nodes.

4) During Installation, I don't see option to name the Controller VMs. Is there a way we can name the controller VM or Intersight installation will just assign random names ?

5) Which Replication factor can be used in cluster of 4 nodes ? I believe RF3 can be used only in setup where atleast 5 nodes are available.

13 Comments
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: