Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
robertdemay
Level 1
Level 1
We have discovered that sometimes UCS Server firmware doesn't always install properly.  When you look at the server firmware, it displays sometimes like this;

Firmware Version
3.1(2f)C,3.2(3i)C

Now we have track some of this down to human error.  When the operations team migrates service profiles within UCS Central to newer UCS Domains with Newer Firmware, they sometimes forget to update the firmware policy until after the profile has been migrated.  In the example above, A service Profile that had firmware policy for 3.1(2f) was migrated to a server with 3.2(3j).  This forced a downgrade of the server which did not downgrade completely.  After updating the service profile the upgrade runs but doesn't upgrade completely.

The way to fix this is to upgrade the local components manually. from UCSM.

We have discovered the only role that is allowed to update server firmware locally is admin.  We do not want to give the operations staff full admin rights so I was wondering if anyone else has seen this and what they have done to fix it.

1 Comment
TamasKosa0398
Level 1
Level 1

Dear ALL!

Can you help me?

Symptoms:

The UCS doesn't boot after firmware upgrade.

It can't “see” the bios, thus it can't booting. You can see in the attached.

The UCS module is not supported.

Details of UCS:

Product Name: EN140N

PID: UCS-EN140N-M2/K9

This ucs modul is connection to the ISR router.

Thank you.

Tomucs.PNG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: